Saturday, March 7, 2015

Welcome to Windows Notebook

Welcome to Windows Notebook.  At one time this domain hosted all sorts of helpful articles about Windows and then it was demoted in the search engines because they weren't original articles.

So I set the domain name aside a while.  I think it's been years since I actually used the domain name. Now I am using my Windows Notebook less because I am using my Android tablet more, but I am still using my Windows machine a great deal because I need Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver and many other creative productivity programs that simply are not available on the Android platform.

Windows 7 has finally become a thing of beauty.  But I do have issues with it.  I can't yet rely on it. Still, I do have a great deal more issues with Windows 8 than I do with 7.  In fact, I upgraded this machine I am typing on now from Vista to 8 at first, but was so upset with the operating system that I purchased Windows 7 Ultra, then reverted back to Windows Vista and upgraded all over again to Windows 7.

Now, Microsoft is apparently going to make Windows 10 a free upgrade to both Windows 7 and Windows 8 users.  But, what happened to Windows 9, by the way?

You will probably find that I have more gripes than answers if decide to continue reading this blog. It just strikes me funny that after bullying half of the world Microsoft has squashed the Amiga (very purposely), BeOS, it expands into the hardware market with possibly some of the best mice, 2nd best keyboards, one of the two best consoles and one of the three very best phone and tablet platforms, we are all expected to feel chummy and lovie-dovey with the 800 pound gorilla that had previously destroyed my life several times as an Amiga animator, as a Video Toaster videographer, and left me with the taste of blood in my mouth after being knocked around so much.

So, I am not actually a fan of the OS that spurned me with the big blue screen of death.  I am miffed why I can't get the system to copy 50+ GB of data from one drive to another network drive without crapping out and restarting still, to this day, in Windows 7.

I don't understand why Microsoft still uses so many resources and doesn't share them.

I am miffed why Microsoft does things the way it does and survives.

So this blog is sort of going to be a learning experience.  I learn something everyday.  But most of the time I am laughing at the strange things that go on with Windows.  I mean, it can backup a whole hard drive if I use a certain backup program, but if I dare try to use the OS copy function within Explorer to copy a directory over it craps out?  What sense is there in that?

So I will be looking at the Windows Notebook with great bewilderment.  I just do not understand how Microsoft gets away with what it does.  Like, it was fined billions, so it works a deal to give its overstocked older useless software to assist inner city education systems... a win-win because it is unloading all sorts of obsolete software that it can't sell to anyone.

This is the kind of crap that Microsoft gets away with everyday while us little guys try to do great work and make our customers happy by doing good work and delivering projects on time. Yet somehow Microsoft always wins.  The Commodore and the Amiga have been completely written out of computer history.  That takes muscle, to change history and warp the truth thusly.

So I am not a fan of Microsoft.  But I do watch them and laugh.  So maybe this will be more of a humor blog than a help to anyone, because I will be seeking answers for myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment